Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Things to know...

A Notice of Intending Marriage (NIM) will need to be completed and lodged with the celebrant one month and one day prior to your wedding day. This form expires at the end of 18 months. I can provide the form to you or it can be downloaded from the Federal Attorney General’s web site

You and your partner will need to provide original copies of your birth certificates.  For those born overseas you will need to provide the original of your birth certificate or passport which will need to be translated by an accredited translator. If you or your partner arrived as a refugee with no papers a statutory declaration stating the details of birth and the reason for the birth certificate or extract not being available is required.

If either of you is under 18, you will need to have the parent/s/ or guardian/s consent to marry so they will need to complete the Consent by Both Parents/Consent to Marriage of a Minor – (which ever is applicable) and obtain an order authorising the marriage.

Also if either of you have been married previously a Decree Absolute of Divorce or Death Certificate is required.

For marriage you will need to have two witness over 18 years of age.

If your partner is from overseas and is travelling on a prospective spousal visa I can provide you with a letter for immigration.

There are no legal requirements for Vow Renewals, Commitments or Namings.



Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing.  Helen Keller